I have never been a person to have my breakfast before I start my day. I’ve always been a “coffee for breakfast” type of person. My career had me on the move from the minute I woke up until the minute I got home from work. Every second mattered and I just couldn’t afford to spend it on breakfast.
Now that I am a stay-at-home mom, I make breakfast every day of the week for my kiddos. And I have trained myself to eat breakfast with them. I have to say that I rather enjoy the change. One of their favorite breakfast dishes is a ham and veggie frittata with biscuits. I usually add a side of fruit and either fresh squeezed orange juice or a fruit smoothie to complete the meal. I have included the recipe below if anyone is interested.
Ham and Veggie Frittata Recipe:
Total prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40-50 minutes
4 slices of ham (cut into small pieces)
1/2 tomato (diced)
1/4 onion (chopped)
1/2 shallot (chopped)
2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup milk
1/2 of cheese (your preference)
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375*. Once heated, oil a baking pan and stick in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. In a separarte oiled pan, cook ham until slightly brown. Then throw is the onions and shallots. Once those are slightly brown, throw in the tomatoes. Lastly throw in the spinach. Salt to taste. And cook until spinach has wilted.
3. Take the baking pan out of oven and transfer the ham and veggies into baking pan.
4. Mix milk, eggs, garlic powder, and cheese in mixing bowl. Once mixed, pour over the eggs and veggies. Add cheese to your preference.
5. Let it bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until egg is fully cooked. Let sit for a few minutes.
This recipe is super easy to make and really delicious! My family loved it! I used mozzarella cheese in this variation, but I think I will use mild cheddar or Gouda next time. If you decide to make this, please let me know if my instructions were easy to follow and if you liked the dish!